You think you have found the right job. They made an offer, you are excited.. or disappointed, but before you make a snap judgement weatheror not to accept, here are some things you might want to consider.
Are you being adequately compensated
- Compare the offer to those in your field and with your experience. Go to Salary.com see what the average salary is. Make a comparison. If it is not on par then you might need to take a job elsewhere.
- Can you survive off what is being offered? That is pay your bills, have some savings and a disposable income. If you answer yes, then this may be the right job for you.
- Is the daily commute tolerable. Does it take more than 45 minutes from your home to your desk?
- If public transportation is reliable, efficient and more cost effective would this be a easier and less stressful way to commute?
- If the job require that you travel more than 25% of the time and you hate travelling, then this is not the job for you.
- Should you relocate, would you be happy living in the city where the job is located.
- If you have a family or is planning to raise one in the future, does the community have good schools, neighbourhoods, quality of life etc.
- Single? Are there any acceptable social scene(s)?
- Do you think you would enjoy the job. Not considering the rewarding salary, would you be at least a little bit excited going to work and doing something your love?
- Make sure you can grow professionally. If you are 100% qualified for the job, then your are overqualified and underpaid.
- Make sure there are opportunities to learn new skills thus making you more valuable to the company.
-Do not accept a job if your personal time is revolved around your work.
-Think twice about accepting a job that does not offer flexibility, require that you work long hours and during holidays.
-Your coworkers may make or break your job. Evaluate them during your interview. Trust your gut feelings. Would you be able to get along with them on a daily basis?
-Are they fake or overly nice? Then run ! If they seem genuinely nice then you have found a new job home.
If you just accept a job because it is a job, chances are, you won't be happy or end up keeping that job for very long.
THINK ON THESE THINGS!